Frequently Asked Questions
Where are this season's performances taking place?
The five live recitals will be held in the Terrace Theater at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC.
What are the COVID-19 safety guidelines for in-person performances?
To ensure our patrons’ health and security, as well as the safety of our performers and staff, the Kennedy Center’s COVID Safety Policy is as follows:
- Masks are optional for all patrons and visitors in indoor spaces at the Kennedy Center.
- Patrons who have exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the previous 7 days are encouraged to stay home.
For additional information, please read the Kennedy Center COVID Safety Plan and check frequently for updates.
What's included with a season subscription?
Subscriptions for the 2022-2023 season will only include our five in-person recitals at the Kennedy Center Terrace Theater.
Full subscriptions are priced at $200 per person and include all five in-person performances. Mini subscriptions are priced at $135 per person and include three of the five live recitals. Single tickets for in-person recitals are priced at $50 each and will go on sale through the Kennedy Center Box Office in October.
What are the benefits of becoming a subscriber?
- Subscribers receive substantial discounts on the price of their tickets: the cost of each recital ticket for Full subscribers is $40 and for Mini subscribers is $45, while single tickets cost $50 each.
- If you find that you are unable to use one of your subscription tickets, you can exchange it for another ticket to a different concert in our series, or receive an additional ticket to one of the other concerts you’ve already selected.
- Subscribers receive priority seating.
- Even after the subscription period has passed, you may still contact us directly to purchase additional single tickets to any of our concerts at our reduced subscriber prices with assurance that you will receive the best seats available.
- If you pay by credit card, you will incur no handling charge for the purchase of your subscription and additional single tickets. Non-subscribers who buy single tickets individually will incur a handling fee each time they purchase tickets for one of our concerts.
How do I subscribe?
You can subscribe online at www.vocalartsdc.org/subscribe or by phone at 202.669.1463. The deadline for current subscribers to renew their subscriptions is August 1, 2022.
How does COVID affect seating for this season?
With a capacity of just over 450 seats, clean sightlines, and clear acoustics, the Kennedy Center Terrace Theater is one of the world’s finest venues in which to enjoy the intimacy of song recitals. Renewing Full subscribers can either retain seats identical to the ones they had purchased for the 2019-2020 season, or request a change by contacting us directly. Please be aware that all indoor performances will be sold at full capacity. This means there will be no physical distancing within the Terrace Theater, and you will have patrons sitting directly next to, in front of, and behind you. We will make every best effort to accommodate requests for seat changes, but please note that COVID-19 safety protocols and procedures mean aisle seat availability is extremely limited.
What's the deal with these Digital Programs?
The Kennedy Center now provides digital programs which will contain the same content as a printed program, but in a convenient and contact-free digital format. Large-print and Braille programs will be available for every performance through the Kennedy Center Accessibility office.
Please visit the Kennedy Center’s Digital Program page for additional information on this new feature.
Submit another question
P.O. Box 42423
Washington, DC 20015